Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 12 Reflection - emma b

I cant say that I had ever considered writing a blog or even following a blog before starting this unit. I had a very stereotypical attitude towards blogging, assuming it was just a diary or journal online. I've actually found blogging to be quite therapeutic and has actually made me think more about the subjects learnt throughout the unit. Being involved in an educational blog, reading weekly presentations on topics covered has actually helped me learn more and keep me up to date with the work. It was a great way for me to express my opinions about certain topics outside of class time, and kept me thinking throughout the week, not just during tutorials. I think the tutorial weblog was a great way to learn even though I wasn't really looking forward to it. I didn't know what blogs involved, how to post or anything. Turns out its quite easy and brings an element of fun to learning. Although I probably wont go and start my own blog once the semester ends, I think its a great part of this unit and also so relevant! It worked really well for me as I work full time but are able to access the blog at work, so if I had a spare 10 minutes, just log on and give the blog a quick read. Quite convenient for me!

Im not too sure that I would call myself a cyborg. I do battle with this question a bit in my head, but I just cant say that Im a cyborg just yet. Maybe in a few hundred years whens technology has developed so much that humans have chips in their heads which allows them to access the internet from their pupils, then yes maybe then we will be a cyborg. To an extent I spose I am a cyborg, but I dont use my computer or phone etc 24/7. I could easily survive without it if I wanted to, but I dont. I must admit I do love my computer, but I dont think its completely a part of me. Maybe only slightly...

I found this unit extremely eye opening, making me look at how we are using computers and technology when before starting the unit I didnt really give it a second thought. I thought our tutorials were fun and interesting, everyone had an opinion and was open, definitely liked that. I do not care for silent tutorials. I glad I decided to tackle this unit, an interesting one that I could relate to my every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment