Sunday, October 31, 2010

Charlotte's Reflection

My apologies that this reflection is a little late! The end of semester was so incredibly busy for me and I completely forgot that I still had one more blog entry to make for this unit!

So what did I think of this unit and the whole blogging process? It was quite interesting actually. I've never had a unit quite as interactive as this one and therefore I found it incredibly enjoyable. I liked the integration of blogging in this unit; I found it to be a very effective way of staying in tune with the ideas expressed in our lectures/workshops/tutorials and it was also quite interesting to read the input of other students in the unit. However, I do feel that blogging could be integrated even more into the unit assessment criteria; perhaps it would be useful to blog at least once per week? Either to comment on the lectures or just share random information to do with the unit. Sometimes I found myself forgetting to visit this weblog as I was technically only required to post on certain weeks! I just feel that students would benefit even more from this unit if blogging was more regular and counted for more of the unit grade.

Now, the question remains, do I consider myself a cyborg? This unit as certainly opened my eyes to new ideas about identity in this time of technological advancement, and I must admit I do consider myself perhaps 'part cyborg', in the sense that although technology does play a huge role in my life, I certainly don't think I would cease to exist if it was all taken away from me. Nor do I think my identity as a human being has been tarnished because of my connection with the online world. I am still human - flesh and bones - so I certainly do not resemble the physical appearance of a cyborg, but my mind certainly has a connection with the cyborg world.

To me, the digital age is exciting. I do not fear it, rather I am intrigued and fascinated by it. As someone who has grown up with this technology and witnessed all its many changes, I am excited for the future and what it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment