Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jane's Reflection

A real top notch unit! I have really really enjoyed women studies at UWA, and this unit in particular! I will however be very happy not to read about cyborgs for a while. Over the course of the unit I have come to see myself as a cyborg, in the sense that i am 'wired' to technology, work with it, and use it everyday. A part of me does however think that a true cyborg is like that man we talked about in our last tute, the one who has wired himself up within a sensory environment. Very jazzy, yet kind of disturbing. I have found the blog very fitting with the units "cyborg" and technology focus and practical in a sense that we are able to practice virtual communication and engagement. The blog has also been great as a super hub of information, very handy for research.This unit has made me think critically about technology and gender, genetics, morals, communication, etc. The topics of discussion have been hard to grasp at times, but very enlightening and interesting.
Thank you all for a great unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment